How do I obtain a Trademark?
What is a Valid Trademark?
(1) constructive notice to the public of the registrant’s claim of ownership of the mark;
(2) a legal presumption of the registrant’s ownership of the mark and the registrant’s exclusive right to use the mark nationwide on or in connection with the goods and/or services listed in the registration;
(3) the ability to bring an action concerning the mark in federal court;
(4) the use of the U.S. registration as a basis to obtain registration in foreign countries; and
(5) the ability to file the U.S. registration with the U.S. Customs Service to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods.
The Law Office of Bennett C. David represents independent inventors, colleges, universities, start-ups, and small- to medium-sized businesses in filing applications to obtain trademarks on logos, business names, business likeness, and public recognizance symbols.
For more information regarding trademark prosecution and federal registration, please contact us to schedule your free initial consultation.